Jay Smith is an award-winning author, audio dramatist, and podcaster responsible for the acclaimed audio horror series HG World and the pulp super-heroine radio serial Hidden Harbor Mysteries. The Resurrection Pact is his first novel in the realm of geek noir thrillers. Jay's other works include the short story collection Seven til Sunrise, and the gamer-geek satire Rise of the Monkey Lord. Jay appears on various podcasts including Behind the Screams, The Chronic Rift, and The Batcave Podcast.
Jay holds a Master of Fine Arts in Fiction Writing.
"WHY?!" - A Writer's Reconsideration (2018)
• Creator/Host, 5 episodes
RADIO-FREE GOZERIA - A Ghostbusters Fancast (2016)
• Creator/Writer, 3 episodes
STORIES FROM SEVEN TIL SUNRISE (2015)
• Producer/Editor/Writer, 6 episodes
HIDDEN HARBOR MYSTERIES, full-cast audio drama (2014)• Writer; produced by Lincoln Audio
HG WORLD - A full-cast audio drama series (2009 - 2019)
• Creator/Writer, 53 episodes
• Engineer on Season Zero, Episodes 1-4
• Editor on Seasons Zero and One
HG WORLD presents THE DIARY OF JILL WOODBINE, audio novel (2011 – 2013)
• Writer/Editor, Episodes 1-27
BLUE COLLAR GODS, audio novel (in production)
• Writer; produced by Gypsy Audio
HG WORLD AFTERPARTY (2009-2010)
• Podcast featuring voice actors, novelists, celebrities in the
• A behind the scenes recap of HG World episodes
BEHIND THE SCREAMS WITH BRYAN LINCOLN (2010-2011)
• Podcast focusing on authors, performers and fans of the zombie genre.
THE BATCAVE PODCAST (2014-present)
• Contributor, with host John S. Drew discussing the classic 1960's
THE SCI-FI DINER PODCAST (2013)
• Contributed segments interviewing actor Dan Aykroyd; profiled actors from the zombie film genre.
THE CHRONIC RIFT (2008-2010, 2014)
• Contributed a pop culture segment “My Guilty Pleasure”; hosted guest segments on pop culture segments; interviewed guests.